Discussion:
[release planning] 7.6.0
(too old to reply)
Markus Neteler
2018-06-11 16:07:12 UTC
Permalink
Hi devs,

according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
- Proposal of release: ~14 May
- Soft freeze of release branch: ~23 May
- RC1: ~23 June
- RC2: ~7 July
- Final release: ~29 July 2018 - GRASS GIS birthday!

In addition, we could make it into the upcoming OSGeoLive 12 being
prepared for the FOSS4G 2018 (see below).

IMHO we have definitely accumulated enough new new features. The next
step would be to create a release branch and shift the attention to
the new branch accordingly.

Strong opinions against it?

Markus

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Angelos Tzotsos <***@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:16 PM
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 12.0 status: alpha1
To: Osgeolive <***@lists.osgeo.org>, OSGeo Discussions
<***@lists.osgeo.org>

Hi all,

The OSGeoLive team is working hard to get the next version ready for
FOSS4G 2018.
[...]
New projects are still welcome to join, since our feature freeze is July 2nd.

Cheers,
Angelos
[...]
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
***@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Martin Landa
2018-06-11 16:26:24 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

po 11. 6. 2018 v 18:07 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> Strong opinions against it?

no strong opinion, I was expecting G7.6 later anyway, autumn/end of year or so.

> New projects are still welcome to join, since our feature freeze is July 2nd.

The deadline July 2nd seems to be hard since there is no release
branch created (we are reaching step 1), see [1].

In the worst case, GRASS 7.4.1 could be fine for OSGeoLive 12, or am I wrong?

Martin

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure#GeneralProcedure

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Markus Neteler
2018-06-11 20:33:28 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:26 PM, Martin Landa <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> po 11. 6. 2018 v 18:07 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
>> Strong opinions against it?
>
> no strong opinion, I was expecting G7.6 later anyway, autumn/end of year or so.
>
>> New projects are still welcome to join, since our feature freeze is July 2nd.
>
> The deadline July 2nd seems to be hard since there is no release
> branch created (we are reaching step 1), see [1].
>
> In the worst case, GRASS 7.4.1 could be fine for OSGeoLive 12, or am I wrong?

I got recently a comment that we are too slow with new releases :-)

So this was my attempt to come to speed with 7.6 (which I'd love to
use in production as well).

Markus

> Martin
>
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure#GeneralProcedure
>
> --
> Martin Landa
> http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
> http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Michael Barton
2018-06-11 23:10:59 UTC
Permalink
Anna is making significant headway in fixing remaining serious bugs in the GUI, although she has a lot of other things taking up her time. I just compiled and uploaded a new 7.5 svn binary with these fixes.

The main remaining one is the vector digitizer (hopefully the interactive image classification module is the same problem). It would be really nice to have a working digitizer in the next stable version.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On 6/11/18, 12:00 PM, "grass-dev on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org" <grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:07:12 +0200
From: Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
To: GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0
Message-ID:
<CALFmHhvDTnDvsbG80pwuOhNbVp9kcNXkbJxM_yYKM-***@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hi devs,

according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_milestone_7.6.0&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=NN5QL-ZKpvaFz-G9MV9U0kofdpVVJa07K-E4M4Kdv3s&s=VMye6iLt35vSI7EJ2KLE1dsoP5unu9-z3PAGtXeeHl4&e=
- Proposal of release: ~14 May
- Soft freeze of release branch: ~23 May
- RC1: ~23 June
- RC2: ~7 July
- Final release: ~29 July 2018 - GRASS GIS birthday!

In addition, we could make it into the upcoming OSGeoLive 12 being
prepared for the FOSS4G 2018 (see below).

IMHO we have definitely accumulated enough new new features. The next
step would be to create a release branch and shift the attention to
the new branch accordingly.

Strong opinions against it?

Markus
Markus Neteler
2018-07-15 20:05:04 UTC
Permalink
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Michael Barton <***@asu.edu> wrote:
> Anna is making significant headway in fixing remaining serious bugs in the GUI, although she has a lot of other things taking up her time. I just compiled and uploaded a new 7.5 svn binary with these fixes.
>
> The main remaining one is the vector digitizer (hopefully the interactive image classification module is the same problem). It would be really nice to have a working digitizer in the next stable version.

... what is the current state here?

thanks
Markus
Michael Barton
2018-07-15 20:17:16 UTC
Permalink
I think there has been no change yet. Normally, Anna would ask me to test any major fixes.

The other item I forgot about and just now ran into is that the import modules are broken. We can still use r.in.gdal, v.in.ogr, etc, but not the nice integrated modules. My guess from the error is that this will be a fairly simple fix. I did a bug report on Trac awhile back.

My other guess is that the problems are mostly (all?) from deprecated or non-'standard' wx code that does not work correctly in wxPython 3+. Since all of GRASS will need to migrate to this soon, it will be good to get it cleared up.

Michael

_________________________________

C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu

On 7/15/18, 1:05 PM, "***@gmail.com on behalf of Markus Neteler" <***@gmail.com on behalf of ***@osgeo.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Michael Barton <***@asu.edu> wrote:
> Anna is making significant headway in fixing remaining serious bugs in the GUI, although she has a lot of other things taking up her time. I just compiled and uploaded a new 7.5 svn binary with these fixes.
>
> The main remaining one is the vector digitizer (hopefully the interactive image classification module is the same problem). It would be really nice to have a working digitizer in the next stable version.

... what is the current state here?

thanks
Markus
Markus Neteler
2018-06-17 21:24:38 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0

What needs to be fixed in _trunk_ first before branching "releasebranch_7_6/" ?

thanks
Markus
Vaclav Petras
2018-06-27 02:33:36 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0
> release:
> >
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
>
> What needs to be fixed in _trunk_ first before branching
> "releasebranch_7_6/" ?
>


The two following enhancement tickets would be really good to resolve
before 7.6 (branch or at least release) since it requires CLI API to be
consolidated. #3586 is a blocker because it needs an API change (new API
which is now in trunk, 7.5) and #3585 would be good to have resolved before
this new API is publicized (it suggests to simplify it at the cost of
duplication or potential confusion).

#3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
#3586 Add XY location to grass command interface

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3585
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3586
Vaclav Petras
2018-08-22 01:34:27 UTC
Permalink
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi devs,
>> >
>> > according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0
>> release:
>> >
>> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
>>
>> What needs to be fixed in _trunk_ first before branching
>> "releasebranch_7_6/" ?
>>
>
>
> The two following enhancement tickets would be really good to resolve
> before 7.6 (branch or at least release) since it requires CLI API to be
> consolidated. #3586 is a blocker because it needs an API change (new API
> which is now in trunk, 7.5) and #3585 would be good to have resolved before
> this new API is publicized (it suggests to simplify it at the cost of
> duplication or potential confusion).
>
> #3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
> #3586 Add XY location to grass command interface
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3585
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3586
>
>
I fixed and closed these two last week.

#3348 or other bugs or annoyances don't prevent us from branching as they
don't involve large code changes which would make subsequent backports
impossible nor they are API changes which could lead to bad legacy APIs or
API breaks.

There are no tickets marked as blocker or critical and there is only 8
defect tickets.

Additionally, the `grass --tmp-location` flag is probably (hopefully)
addition useful enough to make for next minor release. (Forgive me for not
recalling other changes.) [Side note: I'm saying this because I just saw a
note somewhere complaining that now software is released based on different
occasions not when it is ready for the next version. In our case, we missed
the birthday date, but we have features and fixes!]

Best,
Vaclav

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3348
Markus Neteler
2018-08-25 16:27:10 UTC
Permalink
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 3:34 AM Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
...
>> #3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
>> #3586 Add XY location to grass command interface
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3585
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3586
>>
>
> I fixed and closed these two last week.

Thanks a lot!

> #3348 or other bugs or annoyances don't prevent us from branching as they don't involve large code changes
> which would make subsequent backports impossible nor they are API changes which could lead to bad legacy APIs or API breaks.

ok.

> There are no tickets marked as blocker or critical and there is only 8 defect tickets.

Right.

The list of non-critical open tickets is here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority

Any objections to create the releasebranch_7_6 in the next few days?

Markus
Martin Landa
2018-08-26 13:14:52 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

so 25. 8. 2018 v 18:27 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> Any objections to create the releasebranch_7_6 in the next few days?

strong +1 for creating 7.6 branch in the next days. I have updated
time schedule accordingly [1].

Do you know about experimental/broken features which should be removed
from releasebranch_7_6 to avoid releasing them in GRASS 7.6.0?

And would be also nice to merge after branching into trunk
experimental Python3 support [2] :-)

Ma

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/FullSupportPython3

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Moritz Lennert
2018-06-27 04:03:19 UTC
Permalink
On 17/06/18 23:24, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> according to our plans we should start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0
>
> What needs to be fixed in _trunk_ first before branching "releasebranch_7_6/" ?

I would love to see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3348 fixed as it
makes working in a combination of terminal and GUI quite annoying
because of the GTK messages flooding the terminal.

I just added a comment to this ticket as I think one of the issues is
the position of the "Render" checkbox.

Don't know if this is enough of an issue to keep us from branching, or
if this can be backported to the 7.6 branch once it is fixed in trunk.

Moritz
Michael Barton
2018-06-27 05:07:20 UTC
Permalink
This post might be inappropriate. Click to display it.
Michael Barton
2018-08-26 16:24:11 UTC
Permalink
Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.

Michael

_________________________________

C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu

On 8/25/18, 10:27 AM, "grass-dev on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org" <grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:27:10 +0200
From: Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
To: Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0
Message-ID:
<CALFmHhsnAKF11nAeqNbZ9Qu+0DcSvcWHqA2OsSEP+***@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 3:34 AM Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>>>On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
...
>>#3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
>>#3586 Add XY location to grass command interface
>>
>>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3585&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=SCtxjKNgy2zisLOhfRaNdXQykGk4jdEbVaAmAuCep08&e=
>>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3586&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=pgrRu-hIh8Xiix7pxiWouZSr1oD_5XdadYNLtUDSlJI&e=
>>
>
>I fixed and closed these two last week.

Thanks a lot!

>#3348 or other bugs or annoyances don't prevent us from branching as they don't involve large code changes
>which would make subsequent backports impossible nor they are API changes which could lead to bad legacy APIs or API breaks.

ok.

>There are no tickets marked as blocker or critical and there is only 8 defect tickets.

Right.

The list of non-critical open tickets is here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_query-3Fstatus-3Dnew-26status-3Dassigned-26status-3Dreopened-26milestone-3D7.6.1-26milestone-3D7.6.0-26group-3Dtype-26order-3Dpriority&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=XyKKXzG8kbryv9oT_omyxXZTrsqu3WqnEnmiQE55Ui4&e=

Any objections to create the releasebranch_7_6 in the next few days?

Markus


------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.osgeo.org_mailman_listinfo_grass-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=hgbHSVfjg2Dc5h9Pz6rIusvWbxIi7BpDszrHMRKFPb4&e=

------------------------------

End of grass-dev Digest, Vol 150, Issue 42
******************************************
Markus Neteler
2018-08-26 19:36:06 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 6:35 PM Michael Barton <***@asu.edu> wrote:
>
> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to get a map out of GRASS on the Mac

.... someone will have to look into the code...

BTW: I was referring to create the new branch, not to the release of
7.6.0 itself.

Markus
Michael Barton
2018-08-26 20:38:37 UTC
Permalink
Ok. Just responding to the discussion of no blockers

Michael Barton
School of Human Evolution &Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

...Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 26, 2018, at 1:36 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 6:35 PM Michael Barton <***@asu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to get a map out of GRASS on the Mac
>
> .... someone will have to look into the code...
>
> BTW: I was referring to create the new branch, not to the release of
> 7.6.0 itself.
>
> Markus
Anna Petrášová
2018-08-27 01:35:15 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Michael Barton <***@asu.edu>
wrote:

> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all
> versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.
>

Some of these may be fixed in the patch provided by Sanjeet as part of GSoC
when she was working on wxPython4 compatibility. So I would first put her
changes to trunk (once we create the new branch) and then backport selected
fixes.

Anna


> Michael
>
> _________________________________
>
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
> Arizona State University
>
> voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu
>
> On 8/25/18, 10:27 AM, "grass-dev on behalf of
> grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org" <grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org on
> behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:27:10 +0200
> From: Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
> To: Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com>
> Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0
> Message-ID:
> <
> CALFmHhsnAKF11nAeqNbZ9Qu+0DcSvcWHqA2OsSEP+***@mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 3:34 AM Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
> wrote:
> >>>On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
> wrote:
> ...
> >>#3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
> >>#3586 Add XY location to grass command interface
> >>
> >>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3585&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=SCtxjKNgy2zisLOhfRaNdXQykGk4jdEbVaAmAuCep08&e=
> >>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3586&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=pgrRu-hIh8Xiix7pxiWouZSr1oD_5XdadYNLtUDSlJI&e=
> >>
> >
> >I fixed and closed these two last week.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> >#3348 or other bugs or annoyances don't prevent us from branching as
> they don't involve large code changes
> >which would make subsequent backports impossible nor they are API
> changes which could lead to bad legacy APIs or API breaks.
>
> ok.
>
> >There are no tickets marked as blocker or critical and there is only
> 8 defect tickets.
>
> Right.
>
> The list of non-critical open tickets is here:
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_query-3Fstatus-3Dnew-26status-3Dassigned-26status-3Dreopened-26milestone-3D7.6.1-26milestone-3D7.6.0-26group-3Dtype-26order-3Dpriority&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=XyKKXzG8kbryv9oT_omyxXZTrsqu3WqnEnmiQE55Ui4&e=
>
> Any objections to create the releasebranch_7_6 in the next few days?
>
> Markus
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.osgeo.org_mailman_listinfo_grass-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=hgbHSVfjg2Dc5h9Pz6rIusvWbxIi7BpDszrHMRKFPb4&e=
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of grass-dev Digest, Vol 150, Issue 42
> ******************************************
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Markus Neteler
2018-08-27 05:52:22 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:35 AM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Michael Barton <***@asu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to
>> get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.
>
> Some of these may be fixed in the patch provided by Sanjeet as part of GSoC when she was
> working on wxPython4 compatibility. So I would first put her changes to trunk

Can you please point us to the latest patch?

> (once we create the new branch) and then backport selected fixes.

I was thinking about it again: we are yet one of the few packages
requiring Python2. What if some of us try the Python3 patch and give
feedback (of course an ideal thing for a git branch...)?
And then, if nothing dramatic goes wrong, we merge it prior to
creating the relbranch76?

Reflecting about our common release frequency I fear that we end up
with 7.8 in the (far) future to make GRASS GIS ready for Python3.

So: I volunteer to patch locally and test etc. the new Python3 support.

Opinions?

Markus
Moritz Lennert
2018-08-27 05:59:19 UTC
Permalink
Am 27. August 2018 07:52:22 MESZ schrieb Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>:
>On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:35 AM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Michael Barton
><***@asu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all
>versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to
>>> get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.
>>
>> Some of these may be fixed in the patch provided by Sanjeet as part
>of GSoC when she was
>> working on wxPython4 compatibility. So I would first put her changes
>to trunk
>
>Can you please point us to the latest patch?
>
>> (once we create the new branch) and then backport selected fixes.
>
>I was thinking about it again: we are yet one of the few packages
>requiring Python2. What if some of us try the Python3 patch and give
>feedback (of course an ideal thing for a git branch...)?
>And then, if nothing dramatic goes wrong, we merge it prior to
>creating the relbranch76?
>
>Reflecting about our common release frequency I fear that we end up
>with 7.8 in the (far) future to make GRASS GIS ready for Python3.
>
>So: I volunteer to patch locally and test etc. the new Python3 support.
>
>Opinions?

+1

I think Python 3 support should be a must nowadays.

I didn't follow Sanjeet's GSoC work very closely. How far are we in theory with Python 3 support with her patches ?

I also volunteer to test.

Moritz
Stefan Blumentrath
2018-08-27 06:05:21 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

From the final report it seems that there are still some open issues, esp. with pygrass and the temporal library (because of ctypes):
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/FullSupportPython3#Week13-FinalReport

Cheers
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: grass-dev <grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of Moritz Lennert
Sent: mandag 27. august 2018 07:59
To: grass-***@lists.osgeo.org; Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>; GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0



Am 27. August 2018 07:52:22 MESZ schrieb Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>:
>On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:35 AM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Michael Barton
><***@asu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all
>versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to
>>> get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.
>>
>> Some of these may be fixed in the patch provided by Sanjeet as part
>of GSoC when she was
>> working on wxPython4 compatibility. So I would first put her changes
>to trunk
>
>Can you please point us to the latest patch?
>
>> (once we create the new branch) and then backport selected fixes.
>
>I was thinking about it again: we are yet one of the few packages
>requiring Python2. What if some of us try the Python3 patch and give
>feedback (of course an ideal thing for a git branch...)?
>And then, if nothing dramatic goes wrong, we merge it prior to creating
>the relbranch76?
>
>Reflecting about our common release frequency I fear that we end up
>with 7.8 in the (far) future to make GRASS GIS ready for Python3.
>
>So: I volunteer to patch locally and test etc. the new Python3 support.
>
>Opinions?

+1

I think Python 3 support should be a must nowadays.

I didn't follow Sanjeet's GSoC work very closely. How far are we in theory with Python 3 support with her patches ?

I also volunteer to test.

Moritz
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Markus Neteler
2018-08-27 06:53:00 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 8:05 AM Stefan Blumentrath
<***@nina.no> wrote:
> From the final report it seems that there are still some open issues, esp. with pygrass and the temporal library (because of ctypes):
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/FullSupportPython3#Week13-FinalReport

--> "There are patches in the respective directories in the
grass_trunk. The patches have been created against the svn revision
73073 of GRASS GIS."

... in essence: the longer we wait, the more difficult will be to use
these patches.
And: by experience we know that bugs only get fixed when they are evident ;-)

# I have now forked the FullSupportPython3 github project, then therein:
cd FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/
# generate combi-patch
cat */* > python3_patch.diff
# change to local trunk copy
cd ~/software/grass7_trunk/
# apply patch
patch -p0 < ~/software/grass75_FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/python3_patch.diff

Issues:
find . -name '*py.rej'
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/printer/printer.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/datacollectingparser.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lextab.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/yacc.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/preprocessor.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/pplexer.py.rej
./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lex.py.rej

Perhaps FullSupportPython3 git needs to be rebased to current trunk?

Best
Markus
Martin Landa
2018-08-27 07:15:22 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

po 27. 8. 2018 v 8:53 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> ... in essence: the longer we wait, the more difficult will be to use
> these patches.

I would guess that Anna is planning to apply these patches to trunk
when releasebranch_7_6 will be there (?)

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Anna Petrášová
2018-08-27 14:03:26 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:15 AM Martin Landa <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> po 27. 8. 2018 v 8:53 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org>
> napsal:
> > ... in essence: the longer we wait, the more difficult will be to use
> > these patches.
>
> I would guess that Anna is planning to apply these patches to trunk
> when releasebranch_7_6 will be there (?)
>

That was the plan. I am worried if it goes into 7.6 it will slow down the
release. We could then release 7.8 with full Python3 support as the main
feature sooner.

Anna

>
> Ma
>
> --
> Martin Landa
> http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
> http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Anna Petrášová
2018-08-27 14:14:32 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 2:53 AM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 8:05 AM Stefan Blumentrath
> <***@nina.no> wrote:
> > From the final report it seems that there are still some open issues,
> esp. with pygrass and the temporal library (because of ctypes):
> >
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/FullSupportPython3#Week13-FinalReport
>
> --> "There are patches in the respective directories in the
> grass_trunk. The patches have been created against the svn revision
> 73073 of GRASS GIS."
>
> ... in essence: the longer we wait, the more difficult will be to use
> these patches.
> And: by experience we know that bugs only get fixed when they are evident
> ;-)
>
> # I have now forked the FullSupportPython3 github project, then therein:
> cd FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/
> # generate combi-patch
> cat */* > python3_patch.diff
> # change to local trunk copy
> cd ~/software/grass7_trunk/
> # apply patch
> patch -p0 <
> ~/software/grass75_FullSupportPython3/grass_trunk/python3_patch.diff
>
> Issues:
> find . -name '*py.rej'
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/printer/printer.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/datacollectingparser.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lextab.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/yacc.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/preprocessor.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/pplexer.py.rej
> ./lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lex.py.rej
>
> Perhaps FullSupportPython3 git needs to be rebased to current trunk?
>

It still works for me, there are 2 patches for ctypes, I use
the patch_ctypes_changes_from_fork.diff, that might be the issue you have.
But I agree it needs to be merged soon.


> Best
> Markus
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Markus Neteler
2018-08-27 21:52:12 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com> wrote:
...
> It still works for me, there are 2 patches for ctypes,

Ah, I had overlooked that.

> I use the patch_ctypes_changes_from_fork.diff
> that might be the issue you have. But I agree it needs to be merged soon.

Funny suggestion: we make a branch on the github mirror :)
Might simplify testing...

Best
Markus
Vaclav Petras
2018-08-29 01:10:05 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 5:52 PM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com>
wrote:
> ...
> > It still works for me, there are 2 patches for ctypes,
>
> Ah, I had overlooked that.
>
> > I use the patch_ctypes_changes_from_fork.diff
> > that might be the issue you have. But I agree it needs to be merged
soon.
>
> Funny suggestion: we make a branch on the github mirror :)
> Might simplify testing...

My guess is that it may complicate other things. Let's just branch 7.6 in
Subversion and apply the patches to trunk afterwards. Anna's suggestion of
a quick 7.8 release with Python 3 support makes sense. I'm just afraid that
this might create big time gap between 7.8 and 8.0. In that case, I would
lean towards putting these patches to 7.6 but only in case there is a lot
of people eager to test the code ideally with both Python 2 and 3 because
we won't be switching to Python 3 being the recommend one yet (or?). In any
case, there is no reason to postpone branching of 7.6. This can be still
decided and merged later before 7.6.0 RC1.

Vaclav
Moritz Lennert
2018-08-30 13:28:11 UTC
Permalink
On 29/08/18 03:10, Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 5:52 PM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org
> <mailto:***@osgeo.org>> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com
> <mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > ...
> > > It still works for me, there are 2 patches for ctypes,
> >
> > Ah, I had overlooked that.
> >
> > > I use the  patch_ctypes_changes_from_fork.diff
> > > that might be the issue you have. But I agree it needs to be merged
> soon.
> >
> > Funny suggestion: we make a branch on the github mirror :)
> > Might simplify testing...
>
> My guess is that it may complicate other things. Let's just branch 7.6
> in Subversion and apply the patches to trunk afterwards. Anna's
> suggestion of a quick 7.8 release with Python 3 support makes sense. I'm
> just afraid that this might create big time gap between 7.8 and 8.0.

For many projects, moving to Python 3 justifies a jump to next major
version...

Moritz
Markus Neteler
2018-08-31 05:50:02 UTC
Permalink
On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:28 PM Moritz Lennert <***@club.worldonline.be>
wrote:
> On 29/08/18 03:10, Vaclav Petras wrote:
...
> > My guess is that it may complicate other things. Let's just branch 7.6
> > in Subversion and apply the patches to trunk afterwards. Anna's
> > suggestion of a quick 7.8 release with Python 3 support makes sense. I'm
> > just afraid that this might create big time gap between 7.8 and 8.0.
>
> For many projects, moving to Python 3 justifies a jump to next major
> version...

So, finally a reason to move on to G8.x! :)

So, seems the majority wants the branch now and then fast forward to Python
3 in trunk with next major release soon.

Markus
Martin Landa
2018-08-31 11:28:45 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

st 29. 8. 2018 v 3:01 odesílatel Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com> napsal:
sense. I'm just afraid that this might create big time gap between 7.8
and 8.0. In that case, I would lean towards putting these patches to
7.6 but only in case there is a lot of people eager to test the code
ideally with both Python 2 and 3 because we won't be switching to
Python 3 being the recommend one yet (or?). In any case, there is no
reason to postpone branching of 7.6. This can be still decided and
merged later before 7.6.0 RC1.

make sense to me. Initial Python3 could be part of 7.6.0 release. We
can improve it in point versions. But at first we need to test Python3
support in trunk. I will be happy to do it when possible.

+ 1 for create 7.6 release branch ASAP

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Markus Neteler
2018-08-31 13:23:53 UTC
Permalink
Hi all,

the GRASS GIS 7.6.svn release branch has been created in r73210:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/

Trunk is now ready to receive Python3 related changes.

Markus

PS: sorry for the accidental r73209 which created it within
relbranch74... I am reverting that now.
Markus Neteler
2018-08-31 14:11:28 UTC
Permalink
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:23 PM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the GRASS GIS 7.6.svn release branch has been created in r73210:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/
>
> Trunk is now ready to receive Python3 related changes.

Also the server directory structure is ready now:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/

and new cronjobs implemented and activated.

Markus
Martin Landa
2018-08-31 18:23:37 UTC
Permalink
Hi,
pá 31. 8. 2018 v 16:11 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> Also the server directory structure is ready now:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/
>
> and new cronjobs implemented and activated.

wiki page [1] updated. BTW, [2] doesn't exist. Martin

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource
[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass77/source/snapshot/

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Markus Neteler
2018-08-31 19:51:26 UTC
Permalink
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 8:23 PM Martin Landa <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, [2] doesn't exist. Martin
>
> [2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass77/source/snapshot/

Fixed.

Markus
Anna Petrášová
2018-09-01 04:18:21 UTC
Permalink
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 3:51 PM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 8:23 PM Martin Landa <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > BTW, [2] doesn't exist. Martin
> >
> > [2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass77/source/snapshot/
>
> Fixed.
>

I will commit the patch soon some time this weekend, I am doing little bit
more testing.

Anna


> Markus
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-***@lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Martin Landa
2018-09-01 07:39:36 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

pá 31. 8. 2018 v 21:51 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> > BTW, [2] doesn't exist. Martin
> >
> > [2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass77/source/snapshot/
>
> Fixed.

thanks.

Daily WinGRASS builds for version 7.6 [1] and 7.7 [2] are set up. Martin

[1] http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass76/
[2] http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass77/

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Martin Landa
2018-09-02 08:45:22 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

so 1. 9. 2018 v 9:39 odesílatel Martin Landa <***@gmail.com> napsal:
> Daily WinGRASS builds for version 7.6 [1] and 7.7 [2] are set up. Martin

osgeo4w grass-daily package now points to 7.7 version [1]. Testing welcome. Ma

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-grass#a7.7.svndailybuildsdevelopmentversion

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Michael Barton
2018-08-27 20:02:28 UTC
Permalink
That would be great. I am hopeful that these might fix many issues. Can we separate those that pertain to wxPython 4 from those that are generally Python 3 related? Even if there is delay in moving to Python 3, the fixes for wxPython can be used in Python 2 environments.

Michael

______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

From: Anna Petrášová <***@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 6:35 PM
To: Michael Barton <***@asu.edu>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0


On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Michael Barton <***@asu.edu<mailto:***@asu.edu>> wrote:
Blockers #3617 and #3621 apply to 7.6 as well as 7.4. Broken in all versions 7.4.1 on up. No way to get a map out of GRASS on the Mac.

Some of these may be fixed in the patch provided by Sanjeet as part of GSoC when she was working on wxPython4 compatibility. So I would first put her changes to trunk (once we create the new branch) and then backport selected fixes.

Anna


Michael

_________________________________

C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.public.asu.edu_-7Ecmbarton&d=DwMFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=eboWwd4Sxufq3JtbI-QQg0KNAFcM0CoS7uS_k3ttSYY&s=Trg5x-Frvv0sh3RIzUc1ZXAF1hIq2eRinO8Ulc8xOAs&e=>, http://csdc.asu.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__csdc.asu.edu&d=DwMFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=eboWwd4Sxufq3JtbI-QQg0KNAFcM0CoS7uS_k3ttSYY&s=qwV72wyhLpUp84WZl_-DFz8Zh69Aes4IU2CeK2DqmhA&e=>

On 8/25/18, 10:27 AM, "grass-dev on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org>" <grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev-***@lists.osgeo.org>> wrote:

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:27:10 +0200
From: Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org<mailto:***@osgeo.org>>
To: Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.6.0
Message-ID:
<CALFmHhsnAKF11nAeqNbZ9Qu+0DcSvcWHqA2OsSEP+***@mail.gmail.com<mailto:CALFmHhsnAKF11nAeqNbZ9Qu%2B0DcSvcWHqA2OsSEP%***@mail.gmail.com>>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 3:34 AM Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org<mailto:***@osgeo.org>> wrote:
>>>On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org<mailto:***@osgeo.org>> wrote:
...
>>#3585 Don't require -c for --tmp-location
>>#3586 Add XY location to grass command interface
>>
>>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3585&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=SCtxjKNgy2zisLOhfRaNdXQykGk4jdEbVaAmAuCep08&e=
>>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_ticket_3586&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=pgrRu-hIh8Xiix7pxiWouZSr1oD_5XdadYNLtUDSlJI&e=
>>
>
>I fixed and closed these two last week.

Thanks a lot!

>#3348 or other bugs or annoyances don't prevent us from branching as they don't involve large code changes
>which would make subsequent backports impossible nor they are API changes which could lead to bad legacy APIs or API breaks.

ok.

>There are no tickets marked as blocker or critical and there is only 8 defect tickets.

Right.

The list of non-critical open tickets is here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.osgeo.org_grass_query-3Fstatus-3Dnew-26status-3Dassigned-26status-3Dreopened-26milestone-3D7.6.1-26milestone-3D7.6.0-26group-3Dtype-26order-3Dpriority&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=XyKKXzG8kbryv9oT_omyxXZTrsqu3WqnEnmiQE55Ui4&e=

Any objections to create the releasebranch_7_6 in the next few days?

Markus


------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
grass-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.osgeo.org_mailman_listinfo_grass-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=oN-DfL-iDwaWdfuOt3P_XNLDByBhlfyYaRMbLHNYY5U&s=hgbHSVfjg2Dc5h9Pz6rIusvWbxIi7BpDszrHMRKFPb4&e=

------------------------------

End of grass-dev Digest, Vol 150, Issue 42
******************************************



_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
grass-***@lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-***@lists.osgeo.org>
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.osgeo.org_mailman_listinfo_grass-2Ddev&d=DwMFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=eboWwd4Sxufq3JtbI-QQg0KNAFcM0CoS7uS_k3ttSYY&s=Mkw372UmUSn57pV1tv_Cved3tbsN2u4ExjYAg4iR2QU&e=>
Markus Neteler
2018-11-10 10:38:06 UTC
Permalink
Hi devs,

we should remember to start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0

List of open bugs:

Critical:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&priority=blocker&priority=critical&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority

Other bugs and enhancement wishes:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority

Markus
Martin Landa
2018-11-20 18:06:35 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

so 10. 11. 2018 v 11:38 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> Critical:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&priority=blocker&priority=critical&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority

reported critical issue will be probably not fixed in the near feature.

My +1 for moving towards 7.6.0RC1 in the next days. Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
Markus Neteler
2018-11-20 19:40:16 UTC
Permalink
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:06 PM Martin Landa <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> so 10. 11. 2018 v 11:38 odesílatel Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> napsal:
> > Critical:
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&priority=blocker&priority=critical&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority
>
> reported critical issue will be probably not fixed in the near feature.
>
> My +1 for moving towards 7.6.0RC1 in the next days. Ma

Sounds good to me!

Markus
Markus Neteler
2018-11-26 22:30:57 UTC
Permalink
On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Markus Neteler <***@osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> we should remember to start to prepare the initial 7.6.0 release:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/milestone/7.6.0

... I shifted the dates a bit but not sure if the dates make sense.

(Importantly, we should focus on 7.8.x soon to get the Python3 support out)

> List of open bugs:
>
> Critical:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&priority=blocker&priority=critical&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority
>
> Other bugs and enhancement wishes:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=7.6.1&milestone=7.6.0&group=type&order=priority

Markus
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...